Souk in the City
Doublesided Boucherouite Kilim L5
colorful hand-knotted "recycled" carpet
- unique piece, there are no two similar in this world
- originated from the creative mind of a berber lady
- made entirely from cotton = 100% boucherouite - pieces of cut cotton clothing (recycled) are woven into a cotton base
- the carpet can be turned around; it's tightly woven doublesided
- 2m40 x 1m54
- main colors: fuchsia, brown & white
During my purchasing trips to Morocco, I always look for beautiful unique pieces that can fit nicely into our escape concept.
I bid along with the local merchants on the criée berbère of the carpet souks in the heart of Marrakech, which means that most of the intermediate channels are skipped!
The boucherouite rug cannot be machine washed.
Cleaning is possible with vacuuming / whipping and using traditional methods with water and brown soap. Let it dry patiently in the sunshine.