vintage hand-knotted "recycled" carpet
- unique piece, there are no two similar in this world
- originated from the creative mind of a berber lady
- the base is 100% wool: brown and natural wool is woven as the base of the rug
- all colorful embellishments are made entirely from cotton = boucherouite - pieces of cut cotton clothing (recycled) are woven into the wool base
- 2m50 x 1m40 (slightly asymmetrical)
During my purchasing trips to Morocco, I always look for beautiful unique pieces that can fit nicely into our escape concept.
I bid along with the local merchants on the criée berbère of the carpet souks in the heart of Marrakech, which means that most of the intermediate channels are skipped!
The boucherouite carpet cannot be machine washed.
Cleaning is only possible with vacuuming / whipping and using traditional methods with water and brown soap. Let it dry patiently in the sunshine.