Souk in the City
Purple Boucherouite Rug
colorful hand-knotted "recycled" carpet
- unique piece, there are no two similar in this world
- originated from the creative mind of a berber lady
- made entirely from cotton = 100% boucherouite - pieces of cut cotton clothing (recycled) were woven into the cotton base
- the carpet can be turned around to its kilim side, so you actually have two carpets for the price of one
- 2m66 x 1m33
- main colors: purple, pink, blue and yellow
During my purchasing trips to Morocco, I always look for beautiful unique pieces that can fit nicely into our escape concept.
I bid along with the local merchants on the criée berbère of the carpet souks in the heart of Marrakech, which means that most of the intermediate channels are skipped!
The boucherouite carpet cannot be machine washed.
Cleaning is only possible with vacuuming / whipping and using traditional methods with water and brown soap. Let it dry patiently in the sunshine.